I have been an English teacher for a little over two years. In this short time I have already gained extensive knowledge and a wide range of skills. I have taught over 2500 hours at My English School (MYES), including Adults, Summer Camps, Company and in an Italian middle School.
In addition to this, I have ascended through the ranks at MYES and have had experience as Assistant Director of Studies, Teens Coordinator and more recently I have been selected for a collaborative English Masters project between MYES and Trinity Oxford in London. At the moment, I am currently undertaking this course while working at MYES and attending online lectures.
Beyond English, I have a first-class bachelor’s degree in Sports Science which I obtained in Letterkenny, Ireland. In that venture, I won a scholarship to study Sports Management in Virginia, USA for a year and I have taught Physical Education as well as English in Feldkirchen, Austria for three months. These experiences really highlight my two passions of sports and travelling.
Aree di interesse:
- English Exam Preparation (Cambridge, IELTS, TOEFL)
- Communicative Learning and Task-Based Learning
- Designing a Scheme of Work for Students / Groups
- Incorporating Phonology in English
- Sports Coaching (Soccer Lesson Planning, Delivery and Overseeing) – FAI Youth Certificate
- Personal Training (Individual Lesson Planning, Delivery and Nutritional advice)
Link a siti personali:
I’m on Instagram as @scruffy_english_teacher. Install the app to follow my photos and videos.
If you happen to say these following things in my lessons, you automatically lose 25% from your final grade:
- England is better than Ireland
- Ireland is part of the United Kingdom
- I am a Juventus or Liverpool supporter.
- Cats are better than dogs